Friday 28 June 2019

Malcolm Moore Locomotive Measurements and Reference Photos

When I built my Malcolm Moore locomotive, I needed to take a lot of measurements. I was fortunate to have easy access to several prototype locos, through volunteering at the Woodford Railway.


My method of taking measurements for modelmaking is unconventional, but saves me a lot of time and hassle in attempting to draw on paper, "in the field", every single component or assembly being measured.

Additionally, they were never meant to be published, so some are a bit unprofessional-looking. I also think there's a few duplicates I never got round to sorting. As such, one may find my methods difficult to work with. In addition to the photographs in this entry, I also found numerous others online. As I'm not the owner of those images, I can't reproduce them here.

I used this online scale conversion calculator to scale my measurements down to 1:20th. Scribbling down a few common conversions was very helpful.

The locos measured were Nos.1031 & 1032 at ANGRMS in Woodford,
along with Nos.1058 "Sandy" & 811 "Joe" at the Nambour Museum.









I used this photo to have the worksplate made by Narrow Planet.













































































Hopefully these photographs will be of use to others, rather than just languishing on my hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment